Monday, May 23, 2011

Thank You Berry Much

Here's yet another birthday thank you note (I promise, I'm almost done--just a few more to get made and dropped in the mail . . .). This one was inspired by this week's CAS-ual Friday challenge to use bling on your creation and by this week's layout at the Clean and Simple Stamping blog.

I used one of the new fruit mini sets from Papertrey Ink for my card. I die cut the berry twice--once on red cardstock and once on green, then stamped the images over the die cuts in matching inks. I snipped off just the stem portion from the green die cut and glued it in place on the red one to get the two-toned berry. For a little sparkle, I added some Stardust Stickles to the berry.

The rest of the card is pretty simple. I used a green panel to cover most of the kraft card base. I added a red scallop edged panel, embossed with a dotted pattern, along the bottom of the panel. A strip of green ribbon runs along the middle of the red panel. A strip of clear crystals is set across the bottom of the ribbon for a bit (okay, maybe a lot) more bling. The berry image is matted on a pair of circles, then set on the panel. Once that was in place, I stamped the set's thank you sentiment in white ink. And, it's already written in and in a stamped envelope, ready to be dropped off in the mailbox on my way to work today . . .

Materials Used:
Fruit Frusion-Berry stamp set, Pure Poppy, Ripe Avocado, and Fresh Snow inks, Pure Poppy, Ripe Avocado, Kraft, and white cardstock, Fruit Fusion-Berry die, Ripe Avocado grosgrain ribbon (Papertrey Ink); Swiss Dot embossing folder (Cuttlebug); circle dies (Spellbinders); self-adhesive clear crystal strip (Recollections); Stardust Stickles (Ranger); foam tape

8 comments:

  1. love your card! it's so sweet!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its berry sweet and I like the blingy row berry much :) Really sweet and thanks for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  3. super cute! i love strawberries!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your layout and colors, and the clever use of the bling too! Thanks for playing along with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this card, so bright and cheerful. Great addition of the bling :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is rich and sweet! Thanks for playing along with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lori this is adorable!
    Thanks for playing at CAS-ual Fridays!
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks delicious and summery. Thank you for joining us at CAS-ual Fridays.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips