Sunday, May 22, 2011

Some Bunny Loves You

This week's featured stamper on SCS has a gallery full of clean and simple cards--just my style! I picked this bunny one (a bunny--no surprise, right?) to use as inspiration for my own card for the challenge. I also managed to fit in Lawnscaping's latest challenge to use polka dots on your creation on the same card.

I used the bunny from Lawn Fawn's Silly Valentine set for my version. I colored the bunny with Copic markers, cut it out, and added a little white sparkly flock to its tail for a sweet cottontail. I set the bunny on a simple scene with a little dotty green grass, made with some green polka dotted paper and a grass border punch, and fluffy white clouds from the Partly Cloudy set. After setting the bunny in place, I stamped the set's sentiment next to it and wrapped the panel with some green baker's twine.

Instead of using patterned paper for the cardfront, I added another layer to the card. The image panel is mounted on a green panel using dimensional dots. The very last thing I did was add a touch of Cotton Candy Stickles to the tiny heart on the bunny image. I've learned from experience that this is the safest way to go to avoid a sticky Stickles disaster . . .

Materials Used:
from i {heart} papers: Lawn Fawn Silly Valentine and Partly Cloudy stamp sets, Tsukineko Memento Tuxedo Black ink, X-Press white Copic blending cardstock, Copic markers (E25, E31, E34, R20, R21), Our Craft Lounge Sugar White Sparkly Fluff, Ranger Stickles, My Mind's Eye Lime Twist-Life of the Party 6 x 6 paper pad, Divine Twine Green Apple baker's twine, Zva Creative dimensional dots

other: Baja Breeze and Barely Banana cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Fresh Snow ink, Simply Chartreuse cardstock (Papertrey Ink); grass border punch (Martha Stewart)

3 comments:

  1. Super cute! Just made me smile! Thanks for joining us at Lawnscaping again!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, that's so cute! So fun with polkadotted grass as well =) TFS!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips