Sunday, May 29, 2011

Thanks a Melon

I'm heading out to a barbeque soon and need to get Chloe the cutie puppy to the dog park for a run, so I have time for just a quick post. The card I made for today's SCS featured stamper challenge was just what I needed for this afternoon--a quick card with a clean and simple layout. I based my card on this thank you one with a few adjustments to make it my own.

I kept the layout mostly the same, but placed the pieces at the bottom of the cardfront instead of at the top. I made my own felt embellishment using Papertrey Ink's new melon die cut. To dress it up, I tied a bunch of French knots using black embroidery thread. This is the first time I've tried this and definitely won't be the last now that I've got French knots somewhat figured out.

I set the melon on a piece of dotted paper with a strip of pleated green grosgrain ribbon machine stitched along the bottom. The patterned paper panel is set on a light green card base. I stamped the coordinating "thanks a melon" sentiment in black on the patterned paper. It got a bit lost with all the dots, but it's still visible.

Off to the dog park to play for a while . . .

Materials Used:
Fruit Fusion-Melon stamp set, Fruit Frusion-Melon die, Spring Moss cardstock, Dotty Biscotti patterned paper, Hibiscus Burst and Simply Chartreuse felt (Papertrey Ink); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko); olive grosgrain ribbon (Morex); black embroidery thread; sewing machine

1 comment:

  1. SO cute, Lori! I love the french knots and the ribbon! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips