Tuesday, May 24, 2011

What a Blast

How about a little more goodness from The Cat's Pajamas for you today? This morning, I shared my card for this week’s TCP Tuesday challenge, and now I have another TCP card, this time for this week’s Paper Craft Planet sketch challenge, courtesy of Lynn.

I used the What a Blast set on this one. PJ is colored with Copic markers and cut out. When I stamped him, I omitted the pinwheel from the image and instead, made my own using TCP’s pinwheel CutUps die and some patterned paper. I used foam tape to set both PJ and the pinwheel on a piece of cloud patterned paper with a strip of die cut grass along the bottom. The “what a blast” sentiment is stamped next to PJ, just above the grass.

After rounding the panel’s corners, I set it on an Ocean Tides mat. It’s layered on a yellow panel, embossed with a dotted pattern instead of using patterned paper. I wrapped a piece of blue seam binding around the card (it’s been lying on my table forever—it was nice to finally find a use for it!), then layered the panel on an Ocean Tides card base.

You can find all the details on this week’s sketch challenge here—you don’t want to miss out on this one since one lucky participant will win a fun prize . . .

Materials Used:
What a Blast stamp set, Neenah white cardstock, grass and pinwheel CutUps dies (The Cat’s Pajamas); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko); markers (Copic); Barely Banana cardstock (Stampin’ Up!); Ocean Tides cardstock (Papertrey Ink); Quite Contrary-Little Boy Blue designer paper, Lime Twist-Life of the Party 6 x 6 paper pad (My Mind’s Eye); silver brad (Making Memories); feldspar seam binding (Martha Stewart); Polka Dots embossing folder (Sizzix); corner rounder (WeR Memory Keepers); foam tape

2 comments:

  1. What a great card! It's so cute! You did a fabulous job on it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Outstanding creation Lori...your cards are always unique, innovative and so professionally done. Thanks for playing along, Lori!!!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips