Friday, June 17, 2011

Friends with Flair: Enjoy

Happy Friday! I’m glad the weekend’s here since it’s been a busy week. Chloe the cutie puppy started doggy day care this week. Like I’ve said before, she’s both super social and super energetic, so hopefully interacting with other dogs at day care will give her what she needs to keep her happy and out of trouble. This has changed our schedule just a little since it takes me extra time to get her there and back at the start and end of my work day and I’m still trying to figure out the timing of things. And, the US Open golf tournament being played near my home hasn't helped. My house is just about a mile from the big satellite parking lot (15 miles from the golf course!) and traffic has been even more of a nightmare the last few days than it usually is. I'm looking forward to sleeping in tomorrow!

On to my card, which is for the latest Unity challenge to create a sun and fun themed card. I went with a tropical drink theme here, which makes me think of rest and relaxation and time at the beach—all good summertime things! I also used this week’s Color Throwdown colors again since they’re perfect for a summery card.

The focal image is the margarita glass from Margarita Moments. I colored the glass with Copic markers and added a little Dazzling Diamonds “sugar” around the rim of the glass. It’s paired with a little chevron patterned paper set on a daffodil card base. I ran a strip of matching seam binding along the edge of the patterned paper. I wanted to use orange grosgrain ribbon for a stronger contrast, but the new roll I just opened has somehow disappeared on my table. Guess I’ll be looking for that over the weekend . . . The colored glass is layered on a kiwi circle, then set on the card base. I added a trio of clear crystals around the circle’s edge as an accent, then stamped the “enjoy” sentiment from an older Kit of the Month next to it in orange.

Be sure to stop by the Unity blog for the full list of Friends with Flair players!

Materials Used:
Margarita Moments and June 2009 Kit of the Month {perfect in every way} (Unity Stamp Co.); white cardstock (Taylored Expressions); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko); markers (Copic); Pumpkin Pie Classic ink, Daffodil Delight and Kiwi Kiss cardstock, Dazzling Diamonds (Stampin’ Up!); Lime Twist-Fly a Kite “Spring” Zag patterned paper (My Mind’s Eye); circle dies (Spellbinders); seam binding (Martha Stewart); Bow Easy

12 comments:

  1. Yum! How can you go wrong with a margarita and such bright, cheery colors?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfect summery colors! and I have yet to use my margarita moments stamps so thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE IT! Is it too early for a drink cause this cards making me want one, LOL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a fun card!! I love it! The chevron pattern is really attractive and love the margarita glass!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Is it wrong that this made me wish for a Margarita? LOL love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like it! It's lovely sunny and summery! Very nice!!
    Hugs, Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yup, this card screams summer!! So bright and cheery. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE the "salt" around the rim of the glass!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips