Thursday, June 16, 2011

Rock and Rolled Rock On

It’s been a while since I’ve played along with Papertrey Ink’s Make it Monday, but when I saw that this week’s video featured the rock and roll technique, I knew I could fit in a quick card for the challenge. I was originally going to use a flower image, but decided to go a different route and use the guitar from the Boy Basics: Rock On set.

After inking the guitar in Spring Rain ink, I rolled the stamp’s edges in Enchanted Evening ink for a nice contrast. I stamped the two-toned image on a white guitar die cut, then spritzed it with just a little shimmer spray.

While the shimmer spray dried, I put the rest of the card together. I went super simple, using just an Enchanted Evening card base and a Spring Rain panel dressed up with a shimmery silver star border along one edge. I stamped the set’s accompanying musical notes images on the light blue panel, then added the guitar using foam tape. The “rock on!” sentiment is stamped in Enchanted Evening ink on a silver panel and accented with a pair of silver brads, then slipped under the edge of the guitar.

Materials Used:
Boy Basics: Rock On stamp set, Spring Rain and Enchanted Evening inks, Spring Rain, Enchanted Evening, White, and Silver cardstock (Papertrey Ink); Sparkle Shimmer Spritz (Tsukineko); silver brads (Making Memories); star border punch (Martha Stewart); foam tape

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips