Sunday, June 5, 2011

Summertime

The streak of super hot weather last week showed us that summer's here in the DC area. I don't have many summer themed stamp sets, so I was glad to add the new Chillaxin set from Market Street Stamps to my collection. I used it to make this summertime card for the latest Market Street Stamps challenge. This one's a color challenge using periwinkle, raisin, and green leaf. I went with the closest colors I had on this one.

I colored the bathing suit image using Copic markers and cut it out. I don't use purples that often, so it took me a while to find a combination of shades that I liked. I added some green accents and used some Lime Green Stickles on the heart.

The suit is layered on a periwinkle-ish panel embossed with dots. I used foam tape to attach the bathing suit so I could slip the end of the sentiment panel under the image. I stamped the sentiment in a deep purple ink (my closest match for raisin!). A strip of blue satin ribbon, tied with a button embellished bow, runs across the layered green and purple panels. I set them on a white card base for a crisp contrast.

Materials Used:
Chillaxin stamp set (Market Street Stamps); white cardstock (Taylored Expressions); Memento Tuxedo Black and Grape Jelly inks (Tsukineko); markers (Copic); New Leaf and Royal Velvet cardstock, Royal Velvet button, twine (Papertrey Ink); Little Boy Blue cardstock (Gina K Designs); circle die (Spellbinders); Lime Green Stickles (Ranger); blue satin ribbon (Michaels); Polka Dot embossing folder (Sizzix); foam tape

2 comments:

  1. This is awesome Lori! I love seeing your entries!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow girl this is fabulous! I love your coloring!!!
    Hugs,
    Raven

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips