Sunday, June 5, 2011

Speedy Recovery

Here's my card for today's SCS featured stamper challenge. When I saw this sweet turtle birthday card, I knew I could recreate it as a get well card using one of the images from the new On the Mend set from Lawn Fawn.

I replaced the original card's party hat wearing turtle with the hot water bottle wearing one from the Lawn Fawn set. The image is colored with Copic markers, cut out, and attached to the panel with a dimensional dot. I used Labels 1 dies (big and small--love that they come in two sizes now for easy layering!) for the fancy edged panel for the turtle. To get the framed edge on the smaller panel, I kept the die in place after cutting the shape and traced around the inside edge with a fine-tip pen.

I used three strips of My Mind's Eye patterned paper to cover most of the cardfront. A piece of pretty celery crepe ribbon is tied around the panel for a fun touch. The panel is layered on a kraft mat, then on an olive card base. I stamped the matching "wishing you a speedy recovery" sentiment inside the card--I wanted to fit it in on the front of the card, but it was too big for my label die cut, so I settled for inside instead . . .

I'm off to the dog park with Chloe the cutie puppy--hopefully we can squeeze in a little playtime before it rains!

Materials Used:
from i {heart} papers: Lawn Fawn On the Mend stamp set, Tsukineko Memento Tuxedo Black ink, X-Press white Copic blending cardstock, Copic markers (YG0000, YG00, YG01, YG03, YG05, W00, W-1, W-3, W-5) and multi-liner, Spellbinders Labels 1 dies, My Mind's Eye Stella & Rose-Hazel 6 x 6 paper pad, Creative Impressions celery crepe ribbon, Bow Easy, Zva Creative dimensional dots

other: Old Olive and Crumb Cake cardstock (Stampin' Up!)

1 comment:

 
Blogging tips