Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Sunshine and Rainbows

Here’s my super cheery card for this week’s SCS sketch challenge. I love this rainbow die from Lil’ Inker Designs—it makes such fun cards so easily!

On this one, I used the half rainbow die to make my rainbow. It’s set on a panel of cloud patterned paper. I used the cloud dies to cut a pair of felt clouds--love the perforations around the edges in these! The clouds are layered at the end of the rainbow. Like I always do when attaching felt to my projects, I used ScorTape to attach them to prevent the bumps or lumps that you might get with a liquid glue. The cloud panel and a striped patterned paper that includes the colors from the rainbow's bands are each matted on a coordinating cardstock panel and set on a yellow card base.

The coordinating sentiment is stamped in red ink on a white strip that’s set across the cardfront. For a final whimsical touch, I accented the sentiment with a little red baker’s twine that's wrapped around the striped panel on the left side of the card.

Materials Used:
Rainbows & Clouds stamps and dies (Lil’ Inker Designs); Memento Ladybug ink (Tsukineko); Real Red, Tempting Turquoise, Pear Pizzazz, and Daffodil Delight cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Hip-Hooray Boy Wrapped and Lime Twist Fly a Kite Genuine Sky designer papers (My Mind's Eye); red baker's twine (Divine Twine); white felt; foam tape

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips