Wednesday, June 29, 2011

You Perk Me Up

Here’s my card for this month’s Sketch for You to Try. It’s been a while since I inked up a Stamping Bella stamp and since they’re the sponsor for this month’s challenge, I thought I’d use this new image I picked up just last weekend at my (not-so) local stamp store.

I stamped the peeps and coffee cup on a white panel and colored the image in with Copic markers, adding a little glitter to the big heart for a fun touch. Once the image was colored, I cut it out and set it on the circle panel using foam tape.

The rest of the card is pretty simple. I built it around the fun striped paper strip that runs down the center of the card. To add interest, I did some machine stitching around the edges of the panels and added embossing to the plain kraft mat. A piece of light pink seam binding is knotted around the bottom of the card. The set’s “you perk me up” sentiment is stamped on a blue strip that’s set just under the image panel, covering the smudge I made when I stamped it directly on the patterned paper. Sigh . . .

Materials Used:
Perk Me Up Peeps stamp set (Stamping Bella); white cardstock (Taylored Expressions); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko); markers (Copic); Blushing Bride and Crumb Cake cardstock, Dazzling Diamonds (Stampin’ Up!); Aqua Mist cardstock (Papertrey Ink); pink seam binding (Martha Stewart); Good Day Sunshine-Pristine Plaid designer paper (My Mind’s Eye); Polka Dots embossing folder (Cuttlebug); sewing machine; foam tape

3 comments:

  1. Sweetness! Love the peeps...and your colors are so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, this is just SO cute! LOVE, love, love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your cards! New follower!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips