Friday, June 24, 2011

Time to Celebrate

My best friend from high school is celebrating a birthday shortly and I wanted to be sure to get a card out to her in plenty of time for her special day (especially since I missed last year’s birthday . . . ). I used this week’s My Favorite Things Wednesday Stamp Club sketch as the basis for her birthday card.

For the focal image, I inked up the cake-carrying a lá modes image. She’s colored with Copic markers and cut out. I dotted the cake with a little Liquid Pearls for a fun touch.

I used two papers from a BoBunny paper pad for the panels on the card. After arranging them on the cardfront, I added the image atop a pale pink circle, backed with a darker pink decorative edged circle. The “time to celebrate” sentiment fit on the pale pink circle, next to the image. The final touch was a pink button, threaded with a little baker's twine, set at the bottom of the image panel.

Materials Used:
a lá modes Time to Celebrate stamp set (My Favorite Things); white cardstock (Taylored Expressions); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko); markers (Copic); Pink Pirouette cardstock (Stampin’ Up!); Hibiscus Burst cardstock (Papertrey Ink); Vicki B 6x6 paper pad (BoBunny); circle and lacey circle dies (Spellbinders); Flamingo Liquid Pearls (Ranger); button (Michaels); green baker's twine (Divine Twine); foam tape

1 comment:

  1. one of my fave à la modes...this is really cute! love all the pink!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips