Sunday, June 12, 2011

Tweet Hi

Here’s my card for this week’s Our Craft Lounge color challenge—blue, yellow, and a neutral. I went on the soft and pale side with my card, using one of the bird images from the Tweet Thang set in a simple scene.

Even though my card is simple, I managed to add lots of interest by using different textures in my design. The bird is stamped on white cardstock and colored with Copic markers. I put some Sparkly Fluff on its belly for a fluffy look.

The bird is the centerpiece of a simple scene, assembled on pale blue dotted patterned paper. I used a dimensional dot to set the bird on the set's log, stamped on a piece of cork. The word "hi" is stamped near the bird's mouth like it just tweeted the greeting. I finished the scene with a big die cut cloud, covered with Sugar Sparkly Fluff (I said I'd do this again!) and a button sun, tied with a piece of yellow glimmer ribbon. The panel is edged with a scallop edged strip and set on a pale yellow card base.

Materials Used:
from i {heart} papers: Our Craft Lounge Tweet Thang stamp set and Lemon Drop Yellow and Sugar Sparkly Fluff, Tsukineko Memento Tuxedo Black ink, X-Press white Copic blending cardstock, Copic markers (Y11, Y13, Y15, Y18, YR15, YR16), Echo Park Springtime Collection Kit, Creative Impressions cork sheet and yellow glimmer ribbon, Zva Creative dimensional dot

other: Barely Banana and Baja Breeze cardstock, scallop edge punch (Stampin' Up!); button, cloud die (Papertrey Ink)

1 comment:

  1. Oh what a "tweet" card, thanks for playing along in our color challenge this week at OCL.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips