Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Love You to My Core

Here’s my card for this week’s Mojo Monday sketch. I went a little out of my comfort zone here with the mix of unmatched patterned paper strips, but I’m happy with how it worked out.

The patterns come from two different paper companies. I tried to keep some of the elements the same—plaid and flowers, as well as colors—to unify them a little and it seemed to work okay. I machine stitched along the seams between the papers to tie them together better, too. A green scalloped strip runs along the bottom of the patterned paper panels, topped with a red and kraft layered strip. I wrapped a piece of green baker’s twine around the kraft panel and secured it with a matching green button.

For the image, I used the apple from the Paper Smooches Falling for You set. It’s colored with Copic markers, cut out, and set on the image panel with foam tape. A pair of notch-ended red grosgrain ribbon strips are attached underneath the image panel. I stamped the matching “love you to my core” sentiment in red ink along the bottom of the cardfront.

Materials Used:
Falling for You stamp set (Paper Smooches); white cardstock (Taylored Expressions); Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko); markers (Copic); Riding Hood Red Classic ink, Riding Hood Red and Crumb Cake cardstock (Stampin’ Up!); Simply Chartreuse cardstock, scallop edge die (Papertrey Ink); red gingham paper (Creative Imaginations); Blossom Soup-Corn Kernels and Chilled Strawberry Soup-Cup Sour Cream designer papers (Jillibean Soup); 100 Days of Summer-Simple Pleasures designer paper (Simple Stories); circle dies (Spellbinders); button (Michaels); olive baker’s twine (Timeless Twine); sewing machine; foam tape

4 comments:

  1. Cute card! Perfect for the sketch:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic card!!! Love the papers with kraft & that image/sentiment are super cute!! Thanks for playing Mojo Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, this is just darling, Lori! Thanks for playing Mojo Monday!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips