Sunday, July 17, 2011

Baby Girl

Here's my card for today's SCS featured stamper challenge. It's based on this clean and simple fall card in Teri's gallery. I loved the colorblocked strips on the original card, so I kept that design element while making a sweet baby card.

I used a trio of pink cardstock scraps for the strips along the bottom of the card. To add texture, I ran them through my Big Shot with my Swiss Dots embossing folder before attaching them to the white card base. I swapped out the leaf image on the original card for a dotted giraffe made using Papertrey Ink's Sweet Baby stamp set and matching die. The white die cut is stamped with pink ink. I added a tiny self-adhesive pearl for an eye and knotted some pink and white baker's twine around its neck, then attached the image to the cardfront with foam tape. The set's "baby girl" sentiment is stamped in dark pink ink next to the image.

Materials Used:
Sweet Baby stamp set, Sweet Baby die, Hibiscus Burst, Raspberry Fizz, and White cardstock (Papertrey Ink); Melon Mambo Classic ink, Pink Pirouette cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Memento Angel Pink ink (Tsukineko); pink baker's twine (Divine Twine); Swiss Dot embossing folder (Cuttlebug); self-adhesive pearl (Recollections); foam tape

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips