Friday, July 22, 2011

Blogger Challenge: Week 213

This week’s blogger challenge theme is summertime. I used one of my favorite summertime sets, Chillaxin from Market Street Stamps, for this summery scene.

I used a small dot embossed panel as the backdrop for the scene. I added a piece of torn kraft paper, inked with a little cream pigment ink, as the sand and added the set’s palm tree and flip flop images using foam tape. A button sun completes the scene.

I used warm colors to complete the card. A yellow dotted pattern covers most of the blue card base with a strip of the plaid paper from the backside of the paper running across the card. I layered a piece of orange grosgrain ribbon across the plaid and stamped the “chillaxin” sentiment directly on the ribbon in black ink.

For more summertime themed project ideas, check out the links below. If you join in the challenge, feel free to add your link to the list.

Materials Used:
Chillaxin’ stamp set (Market Street Stamps); white cardstock (Taylored Expressions); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko); markers (Copic); Baja Breeze and Crumb Cake cardstock (Stampin’ Up!); Hip Hooray designer paper (My Mind’s Eye); Orange Zest button (Papertrey Ink); Polka Dots embossing folder (Cuttlebug); Mermaid Glitz Stickles (Ranger); orange baker’s twine (Divine Twine); foam tape

10 comments:

  1. What a beautiful scene, Lori! Love the warm feeling of the card- I could really use a beach trip right about now! Super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card definitely says summertime. Love the colors. Great card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your colors! So bright and cheerful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome card Lori! I love the scene you've created. It just brings summertime to life with the bright cheery colors. You've also done a great job creating texture on this card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How fun! Love the bright colors and design! Always good to see you at CHA!

    ReplyDelete
  6. beautiful coloring on that palm tree and I would love to be sipping a nice fruity drink with a straw in this scene right now.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fun summertime card! Flip flops and polka dots...gotta love them!! (I used both as well.) Love the cute little scene you've created.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sorry I am late posting. Kinda lost a day (smile). Terrific Summertime artwork, great card! Hope you are enjoying your weekend. Hugs, Gayle.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Simply delightful, Lori! Your coloring is fantastic! What a fun summer scene! :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. I know I"m late in posting, but well, it's been hectic!
    Love your card the polka dots really make it pop!
    Glad to see you got to play along again, Nola

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips