Friday, July 22, 2011

You Are My Sunshine

Happy Friday! I'm heading home from Chicago this afternoon after a fun week with my crafting friends at CHA. I'm looking forward to hanging out with Chloe the cutie puppy--I've missed her and I'm sure my parents are happy to be returning her to me!

This super bright and cheerful card uses this month's Kit of the Month sketch--and I made sure to use a KOTM this time instead of a store kit like I did last month--and includes the latest All Things Unity challenge to use twine on your project. I went way back with this one, picking a kit from July 2009 for my card. Love that big sun! It's colored with Copic markers and cut out, then spritzed with a little shimmer spray for a little sparkle and shine.

I used foam tape to set the sun on a oval panel stamped with the coordinating "you are my sunshine" sentiment. The pieces are set on a yellow dotted panel with machine stitched edges. For the two panels running across the card, I used a strip of orange grosgrain ribbon, wrapped with some orange twine, and a coordinating chevron patterned paper. It's brighter than I usually go (and I'm not afraid of bold, bright colors!), but I like it.

Be sure to check out the Unity blog for the full list of this week's Friends with Flair players.

Materials Used:
July 2009 Kit of the Month {pocket full of . . .} (Unity Stamp Co.); white cardstock (Taylored Expressions); Memento Tuxedo Black ink, Frost Shimmer Spritz (Tsukineko); markers (Copic); Pumpkin Pie and Bashful Blue cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Seafoam chalk ink (Recollections); Party Animals 6x6 paper pad (KaiserCraft); petite oval die (Spellbinders); orange grosgrain ribbon (Michaels); orange baker's twine (Divine Twine); sewing machine; foam tape

18 comments:

  1. wonderful, bright cheery card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute and cheery card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOnderful card. great for this week of heat. love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This card is sizzlin. Love the colours.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Always love this sun image! Great design with it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a HAPPY card! I love the sun and sentiment

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love how bright and cheerful your card is!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! I love your happy and bright card. The stamp with the patterned paper looks so good. Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow...this is really great. Great card-- love how bright and cheery it is.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fabulous card. I love the combination of papers you have used and Yellow always makes me smile!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Perfect! Love the bright colours :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Adorable! Love the bright colors!

    ReplyDelete
  13. LOVE the bright colors and the ribbon/twine treatment! BEAUTIFULLY done!! You rocked this card! Thanks so much for playing along and joining in the fun over at ATU!

    ReplyDelete
  14. A very pretty card and good use of color

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips