Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Krafty Birthday

Just a quick post tonight before I head off to bed to be ready to go back to work in the morning after my beach getaway . . . I made this quick, less than 15 minutes or so, card for this week's CAS-ual Fridays challenge to make a masculine card using kraft.

I used the fun sneaker pair image from the A Guy Thing set from Clear and Simple Stamps as my focal image. To keep things super quick, I stamped the image in black ink on a kraft panel, then used the spotlighting technique to call attention to the image instead of coloring it. A piece of the stamped image was punched out with a circle punch, set on a slightly larger black circle, then put in place over the stamped image. I stamped the set's "happy birthday" image next to the sneaker.

To complete a visual triangle on the card, I added another punched circle, folded in half, to the open space at the top of the kraft panel. I punched a hole in it and knotted a piece of CSS's black twill through the hole. A great masculine birthday card in no time at all!

Materials Used:
A Guy Thing stamp set, Perfect Little Black Dress ink, Kraft Like a Rockstar and Perfect Little Black Dress cardstock, Perfect Little Black Dress twill (Clear and Simple Stamps); circle punches (EK Success)

4 comments:

  1. Great card, love the spotlighting on this! I left an award on my blog for you ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. HA! Those sneakers are great. The added black really makes them pop. What a perfect entry into this week's CAS-ual Fridays challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lori this card is so super cute! I love those sneakers!! Thanks for playing along at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips