Wednesday, July 6, 2011

A Little Wish

Here's my card for this week's SCS sketch challenge. Since I was away at the beach, I haven't stamped at all over the last week and this simple card seemed to take much longer than it should have!

The sketch's long, skinny-ish center panel called for a lengthy image, so I used one of the bird cage images from the Elegant Birds set from My Cute Stamps as a focal image. I stamped the cage and one of the set's birds in gray ink. The bird's colored with Copic markers for a little contrast. I also dotted some Silver Pearl Liquid Pearls on the cage for texture. So that the cage wasn't floating in mid-air, I punched a small hole at its top and threaded a piece of green baker's twine through it, adding a bow at the top of the cage to dress it up.

The panel is edged with a kraft strip, machine stitched along the seam between the two papers. I layered the panel on a dotted green paper, matching the color of the birds. The set's sentiment is stamped in gray ink on a green panel with rounded edges. I added a white button, threaded with natural twine to bring in another kraft-shaded element, as a simple accent.

Materials Used:
from i {heart} papers: My Cute Stamps Elegant Birds stamp set, Tsukineko Memento London Fog ink, Copic markers (YG01, YG03, Y11), Ranger Silver Pearl Liquid Pearls, Divine Twine Green Apple baker's twine, Echo Park Dots and Stripes Metropolitan 6x6 paper pad, Creative Impressions natural twine string thread

other: Crumb Cake, Kiwi Kiss, and Whisper White cardstock (Stampin' Up!); white button (Michaels); corner rounder; sewing machine

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips