Sunday, July 10, 2011

Love You to My Core

This week's Color Throwdown colors had kind of a country feel to me, so I went with an apple and a little gingham-like paper for my creation for the challenge. I wouldn't normally pair Riding Hood Red, Wild Wasabi, and Apricot Appeal, but it worked out nicely here.

I love the apple image from the Paper Smooches Falling for You set! It's colored with Copic markers, using red for the apple's outside and an apricot-ish shade for the inside.

The card's design is based on the latest sketch shared this week at Clean and Simple Stamping. I ended up with an extra layer on mine--the gingham one--but I still think the card's fairly clean and simple even with the extra layer. I machine stitched around the patterned paper to set it off a bit from the kraft card base before adding the pair of green circles to the panel. After wrapping a strip of red grosgrain ribbon over the circles, I layered on the apple, backed with a kraft circle. The set's "love you to my core" sentiment is stamped on a red strip that stretches across the cardfront, ending underneath the apple image.

Materials Used:
Falling for You stamp set (Paper Smooches); white cardstock (Taylored Expressions); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko); markers (Copic); Wild Wasabi and Crumb Cake cardstock (Stampin' Up!); designer paper (Simple Stories); circle dies (Spellbinders); red grosgrain ribbon (Michaels); sewing machine; foam tape

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips