Sunday, July 31, 2011

Sewn with Love

Here's my card for today's SCS featured stamper challenge--plus a few of the SCS Dare to Get Dirty challenges (if you're an SCS fan club member, you might be able to guess which ones . . .). I used images from the On the Mend and On the Mend II sets from Clear and Simple Stamps for a sweet vintage-ish--or at least as vintage as I get--friendship card based on this one.

I used two papers from an older Making Memories collection as my color inspiration for the card. After making a large panel for the card base from the plaid paper, I started on the image panel. I cut a piece of cream cardstock and set a small piece of striped paper at the bottom. After inking the edges with distress ink, I stamped the sentiment over the striped in brown ink, then stretched a piece of coral ribbon across the top of the patterned paper, adding a matching bow at the right side. Using the coordinating On the Mend Simple Cuts dies, I die cut three spools from kraft cardstock scraps, then stamped the matching image on them and wrapped them with embroidery floss. They're set on the left side of the panel and accented with a heart-topped stick pin.

A trio of pink buttons are hand-stitched to the right side of the panel. I stuck them on with glue dots, then used my paper piercer to make holes to stitch through. After that, my needle was a sticky mess, but a small rubbing alcohol pad cleaned it off in no time at all--just a little tip for you in case you try this . . . The panel's layered on a kraft mat, then onto the cardfront.

I'm off to the dog park with Chloe the cutie puppy so she can burn off some energy with her doggy friends, then meeting up with my dad later on for dinner. My shoulder's getting better and I can move my arm more and more with less pain each day. Unfortunately, I still can't manage to lift the water-filled bucket from my dehumidifier to empty it in the sink, so my dad's agreed to help me out with that . . . I'll be back in the morning to show off August's Stamp of the Month from Clear and Simple Stamps.

Materials Used:
On the Mend and On the Mend II stamp sets, Dish All the Dirt Brown ink, Kraft Like a Rockstar, Coral Necklace, and On the Catwalk Cream cardstock, On the Mend Simple Cuts dies, Coral Necklace satin ribbon, Coral Necklace buttons (Clear and Simple Stamps); Tea Dye distress ink (Ranger); Whimsy designer papers (Making Memories); heart stick pin (Joann); Bow Easy; embroidery floss; foam tape

1 comment:

  1. I love the color combo you used here! That plaid in the background is pefect and so is that beautiful bow!!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips