Sunday, July 3, 2011

Up, Up, & Away

This week's Color Throwdown colors--Pacific Point, Garden Green, and Cameo Coral--were a true challenge. At first, I thought I'd skip it, but I reconsidered and gave them a try. I'm glad I did since I'm pretty happy with how this one turned out.

I used the kite-flying penguin from the new Up, Up & Away set from The Cat's Pajamas for my card. After shading him a little with Copic markers, I paper pieced the kite using a piece of coral dotted paper. He's set against a bold blue Pacific Point sky. It's a little darker than I usually use for a sky on my cards, but I like the bold, especially with the contrast of white clouds. I used the new CutUps Cloud Border die to cut out some clouds and set a dotted white panel behind the openings to get a textured look for the negative space. It looks great and I'll definitely do that again. I cut a piece of green felt using the CutUps Grass die and set that along the bottom of the blue panel. The "up, up, & away" sentiment is stamped next to the penguin in black ink.

To fill the rest of the cardfront, I used scraps of green, coral, and blue cardstock to create a colorblocked strip. I wrapped a piece of the new aqua seam binding around it and added a bow to go along with the bows along the kite's string.

Materials Used:
Up, Up & Away stamp set, Neenah white cardstock, CutUps Cloud Border and Grass dies, Green with Envy felt collection, aqua seam binding (The Cat's Pajamas); Pacific Point, Garden Green, and Cameo Coral cardstock (Stampin' Up!); markers (Copic); Swiss Dot embossing folder (Cuttlebug); Bow Easy; foam tape

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips