Monday, August 22, 2011

Chill Out

***Scroll down to the post below for my card for this week's OCL/May Arts Swap Week post--and for info on how to win a great prize!***

Today's SCS clean and simple challenge was to be inspired by the word "hot." It's funny that this is today's challenge since it's finally not so hot here after a long and super hot summer. I took a think cool approach to the challenge, using two different Paper Smooches sets on my card.

I've had this idea in mind for the popsicle image from the Sugar Rush set and finally tried it out tonight. Instead of paper piecing or coloring the image, I covered it with strips of adhesive, then added different glitters to the strips to make a "Bomb Pop" style popsicle with the look of sparkly ice crystals. Too fun!

I stamped the "let's chill" sentiment from the Swanky Snowdudes set in a cool blue ink at the bottom of a white panel, then used foam tape to add my sparkly treat. A scrap of dotted patterned paper sets it off from the white card base. I kept the embellishments simple, adding just a pair of blue buttons, one of which I had to "rescue" from Chloe the cutie puppy's mouth . . .

Materials Used:
Sugar Rush and Swanky Snowdudes stamp sets (Paper Smooches); white cardstock (Xerox); Pacific Point Classic ink, Pacific Point cardstock, Dazzling Diamonds (Stampin' Up!); designer paper (October Afternoon); red glitter (Martha Stewart); blue glitter (Stampendous); blue buttons (Clear and Simple Stamps); twine (Papertrey Ink); foam tape

2 comments:

 
Blogging tips