Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Let Your Hair Down

***Scroll down to this post below for my card for this week's OCL/May Arts Swap Week post--and for info on how to win a great prize!***

Here’s my first Halloween card for the upcoming season. It’s for this week’s Kraftin’ Kimmie challenge to get spooky. I pulled out my Moonlight Whispers Zelda the Zombie image and got to work.

Zelda’s colored with Copic markers. I ran over her skin with a pale warm gray marker to get the washed out tone to her skin.

I used some dotted green paper with a varnish finish to cover most of the cardfront. It’s not meant to be a Halloween paper, but it works perfectly here! I kept the layout simple, just adding a strip of orange orange ribbon across the cardfront before setting the image in place. I accented the image with a half circle at the top. The sentiment from the Rapunzel image is stamped on a scrap of green cardstock and slipped under the left edge of the image. It wasn’t designed to go with Zelda, but it fits, doesn’t it?

Materials Used:
Zelda the Zombie and Rapunzel stamp sets (Kraftin’ Kimmie Stamps); white cardstock (Taylored Expressions); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko); markers (Copic); Gable Green and Pumpkin Pie cardstock (Stampin’ Up!); Bridgeport designer paper (SEI); circle punch (EK Success); orange grosgrain ribbon (Michaels); silver brads (Making Memories)

3 comments:

  1. Awesome card Lori- Love Zelda! I think I *need* her;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your card! The sentiment does go perfectly here!
    Jill
    http://craftwithanangel.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is so cute!! i love the fun paper & your coloring!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips