Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Color Throwdown 156-Perk Up

This week’s Color Throwdown colors—So Saffron, Perfect Plum, and Kraft—come to us from our hostess, Laura. Aren’t they pretty together?

I got the new coffee-themed Better with You stamp set from Verve and thought I’d get it inked up with these colors in mind. I am so not a coffee drinker, but for some reason, I’m always drawn to coffee themed stamp sets. Wonder why that is . . . Anyway, I used the large mug for my focal image, coloring it with Copic markers, then carefully cutting it out. It’s set on an oval panel using foam tape. I made sure to add the swirly steam above it, using kraft ink in keeping with the challenge colors.

The rest of the design’s pretty simple. I machine stitched around the edges of a dotted paper panel, then set that on a kraft card base. After adding the matted image panel, I accented it with a plum button and a piece of knotted satin ribbon. I slipped a purple strip, embellished with a trio of copper brads, under the left edge of the patterned paper to bring in just a little more of the plum color while still keeping the layout uncluttered. The set’s “perk up” sentiment is stamped on the patterned paper panel to finish the design.

Be sure to check out what the rest of the talented Color Throwdown crew has created using these colors. Laura, Barbara, Broni, and Tammy are playing along this week. And, be sure to link up your own creation on the CTD blog.

Materials Used:
Better with You stamp set (Verve Stamps); white cardstock (Taylored Expressions); Memento Rich Cocoa ink (Tsukineko); markers (Copic); Crumb Cake Classic ink, Crumb Cake and Perfect Plum cardstock (Stampin’ Up!); Stella & Rose Hattie “Buddies” Argyle designer paper (My Mind’s Eye); oval dies (Spellbinders); Royal Velvet button, twine (Papertrey Ink); copper brads (Making Memories); purple satin ribbon (?); foam tape; sewing machine

4 comments:

  1. CUTE card, Lori! Great layout, and LOVE the addition of the copper brads with these colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is wonderful. I love the coffee cup. Great way to use the colors from the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love coffee themed sets!! I can't NOT buy them!! Thi is a great layout. Love it all!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Perfect colors for coffee! I love the sentiment. ;)

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips