Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Color Throwdown 157-Have a Jolly Good Day

This week’s Color Throwdown is brought to us by Barbara. She’s selected Marina Mist, Crumb Cake, Bravo Burgundy, and Kiwi Kiss for this week’s challenge.

Here’s my take on these colors. I combined them with the sketch from this week’s Kraftin’ Kimmie challenge and my current favorite Kraftin' Kimmie Moonlight Whispers image, Elaine. Elaine is colored with Copic markers that somewhat resemble the challenge colors. I used the out of the box technique on the image panel so that the top of Big Ben extends beyond the edge of the panel.

After searching through my patterned papers for ones with the challenge colors, I mixed and matched a few different patterned papers on the cardfront. Each layer is matted on a kraft panel to set the patterns apart a bit. I didn’t have much room left for embellishments, so I added a pair of copper brads and called it a day.

You don't want to miss what the other talented CTD designers have created using these colors. Barbara, Broni, and Tammy are playing along today, as well as special guest Sharon Johnson. And, be sure to link up your project on the CTD blog. Thanks again to the Color Throwdown gals for inviting me to join them this month—I’ve loved playing along with you!

Materials Used:
Moonlight Whispers Elaine stamp set (Kraftin’ Kimmie Stamps); white cardstock (Taylored Expressions); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko); markers (Copic); Marina Mist, Kiwi Kiss, and Crumb Cake cardstock (Stampin’ Up!); Fly a Kite and Campfire designer papers (October Afternoon); Snow & Cedar designer paper (Poppystamps); circle die (Spellbinders); copper brads (Making Memories)

3 comments:

  1. I love how you combined the colors and the sketch, Lori. The mix of patterns is just perfect, and I love how you colored Elaine!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE your mix of papers on this, Lori! Adorable card!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips