Thursday, August 18, 2011

Congrats on Your New Pad

This week’s Our Craft Lounge challenge was a color challenge using periwinkle, eggplant,and pistachio. My colors aren’t exact matches, but I think they’re close enough to make do!

I used the sweet frog and lily pad images from The Pond for my card. The lily pad’s paper pieced with a scrap of dotted paper and set on a water/sky background I made with a Copic marker and my colorless blender (water) and some sponged on ink and a cloud template (sky). After coloring the frog with Copic markers and cutting it out, I added it to the lily pad with foam tape.

I found some eggplant-ish dotted paper to use for the panel behind the frog. I added a strip of green cardstock along the left edge and wrapped it with a little baker’s twine, securing it with a button. The “congrats on your new pad” sentiment is stamped in a line underneath the panel—the clear stamps made it easy to line up the words perfectly. The crystal flourish was an afterthought and kind of a fun way to add a girly touch to the card.

A new challenge is posted on the OCL blog each Friday, so be sure to check in and play along!

Materials Used:
The Pond stamp set (Our Craft Lounge); white cardstock (Taylored Expressions); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko); markers (Copic); Marina Mist Classic ink (Stampin’ Up!); Lavender Moon and Simply Chartreuse cardstock (Papertrey Ink); Little Boy Blue cardstock (Gina K Designs); Lime Twist-Happy Go Lucky 6x6 paper pad (My Mind’s Eye); green baker’s twine (Timeless Twine); crystal flourish (Recollections); green button (Michaels); foam tape

2 comments:

  1. Super Cute! I love the bling! Looks like bubbles coming out of his mouth to me! lol...LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips