Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Let's Chat

***Click here or scroll down to the post below to see my card for this week's Color Throwdown and TCP Tuesday challenges!***

I can’t get enough of paper piecing the couch image from the House Notes II set from Clear and Simple Stamps. It’s fun to customize the couch to fit my mood—and much easier and less expensive than redecorating my own living room! Today, I went with a blue striped couch on this card for today’s SCS sketch challenge.

After stamping and cutting out the couch, I set it on a background panel made from a fun floral pattern with a strip of corrugated kraft paper along the bottom. I was envisioning funky floral wallpaper with a wooden floor. The couch is set on this backdrop with foam tape. I used a scrap of green felt to make a small contrasting pillow to put on the couch. The button at the center of the pillow is a dot of Enamel Accents.

The rest of the card is pretty simple. I placed a strip of the same paper as I used for the couch across the cardfront before adding the image panel to the card. The set’s “let’s chat” sentiment is stamped in purple ink on an oval, then layered on a scalloped oval mat. I used foam tape to add it to the card, then stuck on a piece of knotted purple satin ribbon as an accent.

Materials Used:
House Notes II stamp set, Perfect Little Black Dress and VIP Purple inks, VIP Purple, Trendsetter Blue, and A Blanc Check cardstock, VIP Purple satin ribbon (Clear & Simple Stamps); Lime Twist-Happy Go Lucky 6x6 paper pad (My Mind’s Eye); kraft corrugated paper (Creative Imaginations); petite oval and petite scalloped oval dies (Spellbinders); Simply Chartreuse felt (Papertrey Ink); white Enamel Accents (Ranger); foam tape

1 comment:

  1. Lori this is adorable! I feel the same way about this set! It is so fun! The papers you used are just too cute!!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips