Sunday, August 21, 2011

Fall Thanks

Here's my card for today's SCS featured stamper challenge. I picked this pretty, simple fall design to work with so I could try out my new Autumn Acorns set from Papertrey Ink.

I kept pretty closely to the look of the original card, but swapped out the white for kraft for a completely earth toned color palette. The leaves are stamped in green, gold, rust, and scarlet inks and punched out with a square punch. After I stamped the long sentiment strip from the Gobble, Gobble set across the cardfront in the same color inks, I used foam tape to arrange the leaf images in a square.

I stamped the sentiment strip one more time along the bottom of the cardfront. Instead of accenting it with scored lines, I set it off from the background with a piece of knotted olive green twill.

Materials Used:
Autumn Acorns and Gobble, Gobble stamp sets, Scarlet Jewel, Ripe Avocado, Summer Sunrise, and Terracotta Tile inks, Kraft cardstock (Papertrey Ink); square punch (EK Success); olive twill (Stampin' Up!); foam tape

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips