Saturday, August 13, 2011

Fallin' for You

Here's my card for this week's My Favorite Things Wednesday Stamp Club sketch challenge. It was nice to put away the bright, bold summer colors and switch to a warmer, more earth-toned fall color scheme for this one using the new Caramel Apple cutie.

I colored the image with Copic markers, adding a little Glossy Accents to the top of the caramel apple for a gooey appearance. The image is matted on an olive panel to coordinate with the patterned paper I used for the cardfront. It's a thin, textured paper and I used both patterns on the cardfront, going with the more muted stripes for most of the cardfront and the darker dotted piece as the accent strip across the cardfront.

I set the image on the cardfront over an orange strip and added a green button as an accent. The machine stitching around the card's edges and at the bottom of the orange strip was an afterthought and I'm glad I went ahead and did it to break up the patterns a bit. The set's "fallin' for you" sentiment is stamped on a kraft strip and slipped underneath the image panel--I couldn't find anywhere else to fit it in!

Materials Used:
Pure Innocence Caramel Apple stamp set (My Favorite Things); white cardstock (Taylored Expressions); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko); markers (Copic); Old Olive, Pumpkin Pie, and Crumb Cake cardstock, scallop edge punch (Stampin' Up!); Vivid Butterscotch ink (Clearsnap); Sweet Marabella-Francesca designer paper (Daisy Bucket); Glossy Accents (Ranger); green baker's twine (Divine Twine); green button (Michaels); sewing machine

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips