Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Go with It

I combined this week’s Kraftin Kimmie recipe challenge with this week’s CPS sketch for this fun card that just might make its way to my marathon-training little sister before her upcoming big day . . .

I stamped the Carole image using the out of the box technique, then colored the image with Copic markers. The sidewalk is drawn in with a Copic multiliner and I used my airbrush to make a soft blue-green sky behind the image. I picked a multicolored striped paper for the panel on the left side of the card and set it on an aqua panel. The image is matted on turquoise and overlaps both the solid and patterned paper.

I used my stamp positioner to stamp the “just go with it” sentiment that comes with the dog walking Tori stamp in a straight line on a green strip. It’s accented with a felt flower. This small flower packs a punch—it includes all of the elements from the recipe challenge in one! The flower itself is recipe ingredient #1, the chipboard I used for the custom-made button at the flower’s center is ingredient #2, and the little bit of pink ribbon that’s tied at the center of the button makes ingredient #3. How’s that for efficient?

Materials Used:
Moonlight Whispers Carole image, Tori sentiment (Kraftin’ Kimmie Stamps); white cardstock (Taylored Expressions); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko); markers (Copic); Hawaiian Shores, Aqua Mist, and Simply Chartreuse cardstock, Buttoned Up #1 die (Papertrey Ink); Lime Twist-Life of the Party 6x6 paper pad (My Mind’s Eye); CutUps Flower Buttons die (The Cat’s Pajamas); pink grosgrain ribbon (Stampin’ Up!); pink felt; cardboard

3 comments:

  1. What a great card, she is a cutie and I love how you used the CPS sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun image, love it!! Fantastic card and great take on this week's CPS sketch, thanks for playing along!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute! Thanks for joining in at CPS this week!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips