Monday, August 15, 2011

Hi

Today's SCS clean and simple challenge was to use a partial image on your creation. I was going for a bold, graphic design here and I think I got it!

I inked one of the images from the Mint Motif Beyond Borders set in Pear Tart ink and stamped it repeatedly on a white panel. With each image, I reinked the stamp and stamped a little less of the image on the panel, creating a graduated slanted edge at the bottom of the panel. This left plenty of space for some chipboard sticker letters, spelling out "hi!" at the bottom of the card. I layered the stamped panel on a coordinating solid cardstock mat and then on a white card base. I could see myself reproducing this design in a bunch of different colors and patterns. Maybe another day . . .

Materials Used:
from i {heart} papers: Mint Motif Beyond Borders stamp set, Tsukineko Memento Pear Tart ink

other: Simply Chartreuse cardstock (Papertrey Ink); white cardstock (Xerox); Nutmeg (Spinach) chipboard Thickers (American Crafts)

1 comment:

 
Blogging tips