Sunday, August 7, 2011

i {heart} Market Street

Now that CHA is over, new products are beginning to arrive in stores. One of the new lines that Kate is carrying at i {heart} papers is Market Street Stamps. I'm really excited about this since I've been a Market Street fan for a while now. They make great quality photopolymer stamps, and they're located in Wisconsin, and as a University of Wisconsin-Madison grad, I have a soft spot in my heart for all things (okay--most, since I'm not a big fan of the cold winter weather!) Wisconsin. We were able to say a brief hello to Angelica and Jorge, the owners of Market Street, while we were walking the floor at CHA. It was nice to put a face to the names!

Here's a card using the Compass set for the latest Market Street color challenge to use cherry blossom, retro blue, and snow white. It's another pretty simple, easy on the sore shoulder and back kind of card.

I stamped the compass on white cardstock, then again on light blue, using gray ink for a soft look. I cut out the center and attached it to the compass with a dimensional dot. I stamped and cut out just the heart at the center of the compass rose and paper pieced that for some contrast, then set the whole panel on a blue scalloped circle.

I attached a piece of pale pink patterned paper to a white card base, first edging it with a blue scalloped strip to match the mat underneath the compass. For an elegant touch, I added a line of pearls where the scallops and the patterned paper meet. It kind of matches the look of the dotted border around the compass rose, too (at least I think that's what that center part's called--orienteering wasn't one of my strengths at 6th grade outdoor ed camp!). I stamped the set's matching sentiment on a solid pink strip and set that on the patterned paper, extending it to the edge of the card. A piece of knotted white faux suede ribbon sits at the end of the strip for a final soft, feminine touch.

Materials Used:
from i {heart} papers: Market Street Stamps Compass stamp set, Tsukineko Memento London Fog ink, My Mind's Eye Stella & Rose-Hazel 6x6 paper pad, Spellbinders circle and petite scalloped circle dies, May Arts white faux suede ribbon, Zva Creative self-adhesive pearl line and dimensional dots

other: Baja Breeze and Blushing Bride cardstock (Stampin' Up!); white cardstock (Xerox); medium scallop die (Papertrey Ink)

2 comments:

  1. This is so beautiful! The layout is wonderful, and I love the patterned paper you used! Good luck with the Market Street Challenge!
    -Sam

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips