Sunday, August 7, 2011

Birthday Bird

Today's SCS featured stamper, Joy, is one of my Our Craft Lounge design team teammates, so I played along in today's challenge using an OCL set. I made my own version of this card, replacing the bee image with one of the birds from the Tweet Thang set.

Instead of a black, white, and yellow color scheme, I used black, white, and red. For the panels on the cardfront, I picked two coordinating patterns from SEI's Corinne paper pad, placing the subtler dotted pattern on the cardfront so I could stamp the "it's your birthday" sentiment directly on it in black ink and have it show up well.

The unique use of the border punch in Joy's original card caught my eye, so I made sure to incorporate that in my version. I punched a black strip with an open scallop border punch and used the strip on both the cardfront and on the smaller piece with the image panel on it. After coloring the bird image with Copic markers and adding a fluffy belly with some Platinum Sparkly Fluff, I layered the bird onto the smaller panel. A little stitching all around completed the cheerful design.

Materials Used:
from i {heart} papers: Our Craft Lounge Tweet Thang stamp set and Platinum Sparkly Fluff, Tsukineko Memento Tuxedo Black ink, X-Press white Copic blending cardstock, Copic markers (R12, R22, R24, R27, YR15), SEI Corinne 6x6 paper pad, Spellbinders circle dies

other: Real Red and Basic Black cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Apron Lace border punch (Fiskars); sewing machine

1 comment:

  1. Lori, thank you so much for casing one of my cards, I love that you used and OCL set ;) This is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips