Tuesday, August 2, 2011

A Tall Little Wish

This week’s CAS-ual Fridays challenge was to make a tall and skinny (4” x 9” card). The size intrigued me, so I gave it a try and came up with this card. I had a pretty hard time photographing it, so forgive the lousy look . . .

I used one of the bird cage images from the Elegant Birds set from My Cute Stamps as my focal image. The image is stamped in gray, as is the bird that sits inside it. I used Copic markers to color the bird and added a teeny, tiny pearl as an eye. The cage is dotted with Bisque Liquid Pearls for a decorative touch and matted on a yellow oval to match the color of the bird inside.

I cut a long, narrow strip of paper from Echo Park’s A Walk in the Park line to cover the bottom of the cardfront, then layered the bird cage on the card, overlapping part of the patterned paper and part of the plain cardfront. A piece of yellow baker’s twine extends from the top of the bird cage to the top of the card to “suspend” the cage. I added a little matching bow at the top of the cage to hide the glue dot I used to adhere the twine. The set’s “ a little wish for lots of happiness” is stamped in light green ink on a yellow strip. It’s pale, but it shows up much better IRL than in the photo. I added some faux stitching with a white gel pen to anchor the strip and to add another detail while staying with a clean and simple design.

Materials Used:
from i {heart} papers: My Cute Stamps Elegant Birds stamp set, Tsukineko Memento London Fog and Pear Tart inks, Copic markers (Y11, Y13, Y18), Zva Creative self-adhesive pearl, Spellbinders oval Nestabilities dies, Ranger Bisque Liquid Pearls and Inkssentials white pen, Echo Park A Walk in the Park Collection Kit, Divine Twine Lemon yellow baker’s twine

other: white cardstock (Xerox); Daffodil Delight cardstock (Stampin’ Up!)

2 comments:

  1. So cheerful and love the lattice pattern. Glad you played along with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lori this is darling. The birdcage is sweet and I love the bow you added.Thanks for joining us at CAS-ual Fridays this week.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips