Monday, August 1, 2011

Unfortunately

***Scroll down to the post below for my Clear and Simple Stamps release project.***

Here's my card for today's SCS clean and simple challenge. I paired two sentiments from the Crystal Clear set from Our Craft Lounge for this belated birthday card.

I fashioned my own crystal ball using a circle punch (for the ball) and part of an oval punch (for the base). The ball was colored with Copic markers and glittered along the edges, then covered with an acetate piece for a glassy look. I set it on an aqua circle with foam tape and stamped the curved "unfortunately" sentiment above it in a darker aqua ink.

In keeping with the fortune theme, I used a star patterned paper for the panel underneath the crystal ball. I edged it with a strip of yellow paper punched with a star border punch. After setting everything in place on an aqua card base, I slipped a yellow notch-ended panel, stamped with the "I forgot your birthday" sentiment underneath the crystal ball. Fun!

Materials Used:
Crystal Clear stamp set (Our Craft Lounge); white cardstock (Taylored Expressions); markers (Copic); Basic Gray and Daffodil Delight cardstock, Dazzling Diamonds, wide oval punch (Stampin' Up!); Aqua Mist and Hawaiian Shores cardstock (Papertrey Ink); Seafoam chalk ink (Recollections); Lime Twist-Fly a Kite 6x6 paper pad (My Mind's Eye); circle dies (Spellbinders); circle punch (EK Success); star border punch (Martha Stewart); foam tape

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips