Sunday, August 14, 2011

Thank You Tags

I made this sweet tag set for Verve's August Get Your Diva On challenge. They're a little outside of my usual style, but it was fun to do something a little different.

Each of the tags includes the a similar layout and the same combination of elements--makes it easier to mass-produce that way. I built the tags on a die cut kraft tag with a strip of pink on pink dotted paper set at the bottom. A strip of pink twill runs along the top of the patterned paper strip. Twill's not the most feminine accent, but it adds a nice texture to the project. I added a cream doily die cut, brushed with some distress ink, over the paper and twill, then attached a section from a long pearl flourish. I'm not so great with using these flourish things, so I've been making an effort to figure out how I can incorporate them into my projects. I'm finding that cutting some of the big ones apart and using just segments as accents is working for me.

After finally deciding on the pearl placement, I went ahead and added the heart panel using foam tape. The hearts are cut with the Jotted Heart die, stamped with the matching line image from the Love Notes set, and inked along the edges with distress ink. Each one has a different sentiment from the Thankful Hearts set stamped in Crumb Cake ink. More twill threaded through the top of the tag and secured with a button and some twine finishes the design.

Once I had the four tags finished, I made a simple box for them using kraft cardstock. I used some of the same elements from the tag to dress up the box just a bit. All I need to do is put the box in a cello bag and tie it up, then it'll be ready to give as a gift.

Materials Used:
Love Notes and Thankful Hearts stamp sets, Jotted Heart die (Verve Stamps); Crumb Cake Classic ink, Crumb Cake, Blushing Bride, and Very Vanilla cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Vintage Cream ink, Doily Details and Tag Sale #2 dies, twine (Papertrey Ink); Antique Linen distress ink (Ranger); Lime Twist-Life of the Party 6x6 paper pad (My Mind's Eye); pink twill (Martha Stewart); brown buttons (American Crafts); pearl flourish (Want2Scrap); foam tape

1 comment:

 
Blogging tips