Sunday, August 14, 2011

Tulip Thank You

Here's my card for today's SCS featured stamper challenge. I based my card on this simple floral one. I had the set used in the original card at one time, but ended up trading it for something else because I just couldn't make the set work for me.

I used the Market Street Stamps So Happy set on my card. It's tulip image had a similar feel to me, so I made it the focal image, inking the flower in Tangelo ink and the stem and leaf in Bamboo Leaves. The thank you sentiment is stamped just above the flower in Dandelion ink. It's already curved perfectly to fit over the flower. I stamped the flower a second time and cut it out, then used some of the new Sticky Thumb dimensional dots to attach it to the cardfront. These new dimensionals are great--they're super sticky! For a little sparkle, I used some orange glimmer ribbon to fashion a faux bow for the center of the ribbon that runs across the bottom of the panel.

I layered the panel on a pair of yellow and orange mats, then on a green dotted one for a whimsical touch. The layered panels are centered on a white card base. Clean, crisp, and citrusy makes for a great thank you card!

Materials Used:
from i {heart} papers: Market Street Stamps So Happy stamp set, Tsukineko Memento Tangelo, Dandelion, and Bamboo Leaves inks, My Mind's Eye Lime Twist-Life of the Party 6x6 paper pad, Creative Impressions orange glimmer ribbon, Sticky Thumb dimensional dots

other: white cardstock (Xerox)

1 comment:

  1. What a bright sun shiny card! Thank you for stopping by my blog and for your kind words. Yvonne

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips