Sunday, September 11, 2011

Birthday Best

Here's a quick birthday card for today's SCS featured stamper challenge. I was inspired by this floral silhouette birthday card and made a similar version using the Kind Deeds set from Clear and Simple Stamps.

I stamped the floral silhouette image across the white card base several times in VIP Purple ink. A strip of purple paper with pale blue dots covers the bottom edge of the stamped images. I knotted a piece of matching purple satin ribbon around the patterned paper strip.

For the sentiment, I mixed and matched three of the set's sentiment images to get the birthday sentiment I used. The clear images make it so easy to do! I layered the sentiment on a scrap of purple cardstock and set it on the cardfront, covering part of the silhouette image. In the original card, the sentiment was above the images, but I guess mine are a little taller. I played around with the placement a bit before settling on this design. I could see reproducing this one in several different color schemes--and using up some designer paper scraps along the way!

Materials Used:
Kind Deeds stamp set, VIP Purple ink, VIP Purple and A Blanc Check cardstock, VIP Purple satin ribbon (Clear and Simple Stamps); Lime Twist-Happy Go Lucky 6x6 paper pad (My Mind's Eye)

1 comment:

  1. One of my all time favorite sets from CSS, it is an all around great set and I love this card, it's gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips