Monday, September 12, 2011

Happy Fall Y'all

This week's CAS-ual Fridays challenge was to use paper piecing and a fall image. The pumpkin in the new Simply Fall set from Our Craft Lounge was perfect for the challenge.

I paper pieced the pumpkin with a pair of orange polka dotted paper scraps from a My Mind's Eye paper pad. The leaf is also paper pieced with another dotted scrap. I used a Copic marker to add a little shading to the stem, but otherwise left it alone.

My layout uses more scraps--an orange chevron one from the same paper collection, plus a pair of solid orange cardstock scraps for an accent and for the set's "happy fall y'all" sentiment. I arranged the scraps and a kraft circle on a cream panel, then added the pumpkin with foam tape. A green button, tied with orange baker's twine, adds a contrasting pop of color. The cream panel is set on an olive card base to tie it all together.

Materials Used:
Simply Fall stamp set (Our Craft Lounge); Old Olive, Pumpkin Pie, Crumb Cake, and Very Vanilla cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko); marker (Copic); Lime Twist-Fly a Kite 6x6 paper pad (My Mind's Eye); button (Michaels); orange baker's twine (Divine Twine); foam tape

6 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card Dena. I just impressed to watch the papers from this paper pad and your image is colored so perfectly. You have a magic touch. You give your cards such beautiful details.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lori, I so love the mix of pattern and composition in this card! Thanks so much for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card! I love the patterned paper you used!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lori this is SO SO cute! I love the layout!!Thanks for playing along at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the fun patterns and awesome design :) Thanks for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips