Friday, September 16, 2011

Birthday Fishes

Here’s my project for the current Paper Smooches SPARKS challenge. The challenge was to create a project inspired by this pretty beaded bracelet.


I took my inspiration from the colors and the idea of something strung on a cord to create this fun birthday card using images from the Birthday Buddies set.

I used my new Edgeabilities dies to cut two blue scallop edged strips that I layered along the bottom of the light aqua card base to make a watery backdrop. The set’s fish image is stamped on white cardstock, colored with Copic markers, and cut out. After lightly misting it with some shimmer spray and adding a little Glossy Accents to the eye, I attached it to the cardfront with a dimensional dot.

I made a small banner in the open upper left corner of the cardfront. A trio of rounded edge pennants, cut from patterned paper scraps, is attached to a cream string. I threaded beads on the string to mimic the feel of the beaded bracelet before securing the banner in place. The set’s “birthday fishes” sentiment is stamped at the bottom of the card in black ink. The punny sentiment makes this card a perfect fit for the current Ribbon Carousel Challenge, too.

Materials Used:
from i {heart} papers: Paper Smooches Birthday Buddies stamp set, X-Press white Copic blending cardstock, Tsukineko Memento Tuxedo Black ink and Frost Shimmer Spritz, Copic markers (Y35, Y38, YR16, BG000), Spellbinders Classic Scallop Edgeabilities dies, My Mind’s Eye Lime Twist-Life of the Party 6x6 paper pad, Jillibean Soup Apple Cheddar Soup 6x6 paper pad, May Arts cream twisted burlap, Ranger Glossy Accents, Sticky Thumb dimensional dots

other: Aqua Mist and Hawaiian Shores cardstock, Banner Builder Collection dies (Papertrey Ink); beads

2 comments:

  1. OHH! i love that little fish--and your banner is fab! Great card! THANKS for joining in the fun and playing along with us over at the RCC!! And thanks for getting punny with me:)

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips