Thursday, September 29, 2011

Ewe're New

This sweet circle card is for this week’s Waltzingmouse sketch challenge. Once the baby idea came to mind, this card took shape quickly.

I thought that gingham would make a nice pattern for a baby card, so I started by stamping the smallest gingham patterned strip from Gingham & Co. on a white panel in light pink ink. The gingham strip is machine stitched to a light pink circle. I can’t figure out how to get the zig zag stitches on my sewing machine to be somewhat even—I’m sure it’s a user error issue somehow! The stitched panel is set on a white scallop edged circle card base.

I stamped the lamb from the Lil Buddies in gray ink and cut it out. To add some texture, I covered most of the cutout image with white flock. I used a grass border punch and a scrap of green cardstock to make a grassy patch to set the fuzzy little lamb on. Some baker’s twine wrapped around the bottom dresses it up a bit. The set’s “ewe’re new!” sentiment is stamped underneath the grass strip in gray ink. I like the look of gray on a baby card—it’s so much softer and more baby-like than a black ink would be.

Materials Used:
Lil Buddies and Gingham & Co. stamp set (Waltzingmouse Stamps); white cardstock (Taylored Expressions); Memento London Fog ink (Tsukineko); marker (Copic); Pretty in Pink Classic ink, Blushing Bride cardstock (Stampin’ Up!); circle and scalloped circle dies (Spellbinders); white flock (Stampendous); grass border punch (Martha Stewart); green baker’s twine (Divine Twine); sewing machine; foam tape

5 comments:

  1. So cute, Lori! I love your little flocked sheep with the pink cheeks in the grassy patch! Coordinates perfectly with the pink gingham. I think your stitching IS straight, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is super cute, luv the gingham...hope your weekend is awesome!

    enjoy *~*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Every time I see a grass die cut I think "I need one of those!" Great card, what a fun sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so super sweet! LOVE it! Have a wonderful Friday and week-end!

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a sweet little baby card Lori! love the ewe and the twine wrapped 'round the grass!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips