Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Have a Blast

Here’s my card for today’s SCS sketch challenge. I guess seeing the star shaped element in the sketch put the space idea in my head, even though I didn’t end up with a star shaped piece on the card.

I used the Half Pint Heroes set from Waltzingmouse Stamps for my card. The star is replaced with the set’s rocket ship image, colored and cut out. It’s set over a yellow circle moon, embossed with a random dot pattern and lightly covered with some shimmer spray.

I used two older October Afternoon paper scraps for the large panels on the cardfront. Each panel is matted on red cardstock, then layered on the blue panel. After setting the pieces in place, I realized that I didn’t have a good place to stamp a sentiment, so I went back and added the little sentiment flag with “have a blast” stamped on it, sliding the end of the piece underneath the rocket.

I’ll be back in the morning with another cute Waltzingmouse Stamps card . . .

Materials Used:
Half Pint Heroes stamp set (Waltzingmouse Stamps); white cardstock (Taylored Expressions); Memento Tuxedo Black ink, Sparkle Shimmer Spritz (Tsukineko); markers (Copic); Pacific Point, Riding Hood Red, and Daffodil Delight cardstock (Stampin’ Up!); Night Light Collection Kit (October Afternoon); circle die (Spellbinders); Polka Dot embossing folder (QuicKutz); Silver Fox Smooch (Clearsnap); clear dome sticker (Making Memories); foam tape

1 comment:

  1. very cool and delightful! love the fun colors you used. super card!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips