Saturday, September 3, 2011

Hi, Pumpkin

As promised earlier today, here's my entry for this month's My Favorite Things guest designer challenge to "rip and roll." Every month I enter and every month, I don't win, but I enjoy the challenges anyway, especially when they stretch me to try something new or a little different. This one is a little outside my normal stamping style with all the rough, distressed edges, but I'm pretty happy with how it turned out.

I used the Pure Innocence Li'l Pumpkin girl as my focal image. She's colored with Copic markers and cut out. I set her on a scene with several layers of torn and inked edge olive cardstock at the bottom of a blue dot embossed panel. The panel is embellished with some baker's twine along the bottom and a felt sun at the top. The sun's center is made from some rolled yellow satin ribbon.

For a little more "rolling," I distressed and rolled the edges of a green on green striped panel before stitching it to a kraft mat--it was more rolled-looking before the sewing machine mushed it down . . . An orange dotted panel was rolled up and flattened a few times for a crinkly texture before adding it to the card. The image panel is set on top at an angle with the "Hi, pumpkin" sentiment stamped on a kraft strip and slipped underneath the edge. The sentiment is actually a combo of words from the Li'l Pumpkin and Heart Stripes set. I often mix and match words from the different PI sets to get exactly what I want--love that about these sets!

Materials Used:
Pure Innocence Li'l Pumpkin and Heart Stripes stamp sets, Die-Namics Sunshine die (My Favorite Things); white cardstock (Taylored Expressions); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko); markers, Orange Spica pen (Copic); Old Olive Classic ink, Baja Breeze, Old Olive, Pumpkin Pie, and Crumb Cake cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Dots & Stripes designer papers (Echo Park); Polka Dots embossing folder (Cuttlebug); olive baker's twine (Timeless Twine); yellow satin ribbon (Michaels); Harvest Gold felt (Papertrey Ink); sewing machine; foam tape

2 comments:

  1. This is absolutely adorable! Love your sun and your distressed edges! So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your guest design gig, your rolled ribbon sun is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips