Sunday, September 25, 2011

My Coolest Friend

Here's my card for today's SCS featured stamper challenge. It's based on the sweet snowman card seen here. I loved that fun image and decided to see if I could come close to replicating it with something in my collection.

After looking for a bit, I came up with this small snowman from the Paper Smooches Swanky Snowdudes set. I stamped the image on shimmery white cardstock and colored it with Copic markers. A few of the set's small snowflake image are stamped randomly around the image in pale gray ink. A little Frosted Lace Stickles on the stripes of his scarf gives the image just a little more sparkle.

The rest of the card sticks pretty close to the original as well. Instead of leaving the red strip across the card blank, I embossed it with a snowflake pattern, then highlighted the raised flakes by lightly brushing a shimmery white ink pad over them. And, since I added a snowflake detail to the red strip, I left the blue panel plain, except for the "my coolest friend" sentiment stamped in red ink. I found a sparkly silver snowflake to add as a simple embellishment at the side of the image. It's hard to believe that it will only be a month or two before we start seeing real snowflakes around here. . .

Materials Used:
from i {heart} papers: Paper Smooches Swwanky Snowdudes stamp set, Tsukineko Memento Tuxedo Black, London Fog, and Rhubarb Stalk inks, Copic markers (B00, B000, B0000, R12, R22, R24, R27, YR15), Ranger Frosted Lace Stickles, QuicKutz Snowflake embossing folder,

other: Basic Gray, Soft Sky, and Shimmery White cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Lipstick Red cardstock (Gina K Designs); Brilliance Moonlight White ink (Tsukineko); glitter snowflake
(Petaloo)

1 comment:

  1. What a cutie, love your embossed panel! I have this snowman too, so I might have to CASE your CASE!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips