Friday, September 23, 2011

Perk Up

This simple card is for the latest Verve Diva Dare to CASE a Verve diva. I chose this Mother's Day card from my friend Jen Tapler’s gallery to remake as my own. I kept pretty close to the design of the original—why change what works, right? I switched up the colors a little to match the ones from this week’s Color Throwdown. The combo of Very Vanilla, Regal Rose, and Early Espresso is so pretty! And, with Early Espresso in the color mix, it seemed appropriate to go with a coffee theme for the card.

I loved the way Jen used the debossed side of the dotted embossed panel, so I did the same thing on my card. A dark brown satin ribbon runs across the top of the embossed portion. I used the same die cut shape as Jen on my version of the card, but mine’s die cut from rose cardstock with the matching frame image stamped in brown. The edge of the die cut is covered with some sparkly glitter—I don’t do this often and as I look at the shimmer that’s now all over my craft space and Chloe the cutie puppy’s nose, I remember why I don’t!

Instead of flowers, I used the take out coffee cup image from the new Better With You set on my card. I stamped it on a piece of cream cardstock and cut it out. The little "sleeve" around the cup is paper pieced with a scrap of brown dotted paper. It’s attached to the rose panel with foam tape so I could slip the “perk up” sentiment strip underneath it.

Materials Used:
Better with You and Love Notes stamp sets, Classy Label die (Verve Stamps); Very Vanilla, Early Espresso, and Regal Rose cardstock, Dazzling Diamonds (Stampin’ Up!); Memento Rich Cocoa ink (Tsukineko); Lime Twist- Life of the Party 6x6 paper pad (My Mind's Eye); brown satin ribbon (Michaels); Polka Dots embossing folder (QuicKutz); foam tape

6 comments:

  1. Lori, this is gorgeous! I love the embossed panel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Lori!! I am so honored that you'd choose to CASE me!! And what a fabulous card you made too! LOVE it! Now I'm gonna have to CASE your CASE! LOL. You picked the perfect set to use - it worked great with that layout! Miss you! Let's catch up soon my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a gorgeous card.....hope you have a fabby week!

    enjoy *~*

    ReplyDelete
  4. So fun and sweet!! LOVE the textured bg and your bold pink!! It really makes the coffee cup and sentiment pop!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh how fabulous! Love how your choice of stamps flows so perfectly with Jen's layout. Love it!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips