Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Sky's the Limit

For this week’s SCS sketch challenge, I went more scrappy than stampy on my card. By using several different dies and combining textured elements, this came together pretty quickly—and an awful lot like I imagined it in my head, which doesn’t always happen! My inspiration for using fabric to add texture came from this week's Ribbon Carousel challenge to use fabric on your project and it was the perfect accent for this project.

I started by cutting out a few cloud-shaped openings in a blue panel, then embossed the panel with a dot pattern. I cut the panel into three strips, then added white felt beneath the strips to fill in the open spaces and get the appearance of fluffy white clouds.

After arranging the panels on a celery card base, I added a paper pieced die cut kite with a pink baker’s twine tail using foam tape. The "sky's the limit" sentiment from Lil Inker's Rainbow and Cloud Sentiments set stamped along the bottom of the card in blue ink completes the design.

Materials Used:
Bashful Blue Classic ink, Bashful Blue, Certainly Celery, and Pink Pirouette cardstock (Stampin’ Up!); Lime Twist-Happy Go Lucky 6x6 paper pad (My Mind's Eye); Die-Namics Fly a Kite and Flat Bottomed Cloud dies (My Favorite Things); Polka Dots embossing folder (Cuttlebug); pink baker’s twine (Divine Twine); white felt; foam tape

1 comment:

  1. This is super cute!! Love the clouds cut out and the Lil' Inker sentiment!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips