Thursday, September 15, 2011

Thinkin' About Ya

Here’s my card for this week’s Waltzingmouse Sketch challenge. The sketch left lots of room for interpretation and I came up with a simple card that incorporates three different WMS sets.

I made rolling hills for the bottom of the card by stamping one of the images from Gingham & Co. on celery strips in matching ink, then cutting the tops of the strips in a wavy line. The strips are layered and attached at the bottom of a blue panel. I sponged on a little ink and machine stitched along the wavy edges to give them a little more definition. My wavy sewing—not so good, not that my straight sewing is much better!

To go with my hills, I stamped a tree from the Teeny Trees set. The tree top was stamped on a scrap of celery cardstock using celery ink for the solid image and darker olive for the outline to add some contrast. I cut the top out and used foam tape to attach it to the panel. A felt flat-bottomed cloud and a button sun finish off the simple scene. The “thinkin’ about ya” sentiment from the Frame-It set is stamped on a yellow strip and machine stitched to the panel. I meant to stamp the words in brown, but I wasn’t paying enough attention and grabbed the wrong (gray) ink pad instead. A little softer look, but I think it still works.

Materials Used:
Gingham & Co, Teeny Trees, and Frame-It stamp sets (Waltzingmouse Stamps); Certainly Celery and Old Olive Classic inks, Certainly Celery, Old Olive, Bashful Blue, and Barely Banana cardstock (Stampin’ Up!); Memento Rich Cocoa and London Fog inks (Tsukineko); flat bottom cloud die (My Favorite Things); Lemon Tart button (Papertrey Ink); yellow baker’s twine (Divine Twine); white felt; sewing machine; foam tape

6 comments:

  1. Love the scene that you created and nice touch with the button

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the scene that you created and nice touch with the button

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute scene! I love your stitched hills and that little sunny button is a perfect touch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really love the little scene you created on your card Lori. I especially like the tree popped up with the branches stamped on the popped up layer. Very cute and great use of so many WM sets on this sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The 3d effect on your tree is fabulous even as the stitching on the hills!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gingham hills? I want those in my back yard ;)! Such an adorable scene, Lori! Love that button sun!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips