Monday, September 26, 2011

Give Thanks

This cheery card is for this week's Our Craft Lounge challenge to play with patterned paper and for this week's CAS-ual Friday challenge to make a card with three shades of one color plus brown. And, it also fits this week's SCS clean and simple challenge to paper piece. That's a lot for one clean and simple card!

Kraft's my favorite brown, so I started with a kraft base and worked from there with a bunch of orange pieces pulled out from my scrap piles.

This layout was great for using up a bunch of scraps. I used two different pieces of dotted papers--one for the paper pieced pumpkin image from the Simply Fall set and one for the long strip underneath the image panel. The pumpkin's cut out and added to the circle panel that's made from the lightest of the three shades of orange I used. It's hard to see in the photo, but I used a warm gray Copic marker to do a little shading over the patterned paper.

The second piece of dotted paper is set in the middle of a wider orange panel. I punched the edge with a decorative border punch to add interest. The dotted paper is wrapped with orange baker's twine that's secured with a button. After arranging all the pieces on the kraft card base, I stamped the "give thanks" sentiment from the Fall Scarecrow set in brown ink.

Materials Used:
Simply Fall and Fall Scarecrow stamp sets (Our Craft Lounge); Memento Rich Cocoa ink (Tsukineko); warm gray marker (Copic); Summer Sunrise cardstock, Summer Sunrise button (Papertrey Ink); Sweet Mango cardstock (Gina K Designs); Crumb Cake cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Lime Twist designer papers (My Mind's Eye); circle die (Spellbinders); Threading Water border punch (Fiskars); orange baker's twine (Divine Twine); foam tape

7 comments:

  1. Lori I love this! CAS and a great splash of color!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super sweet! I love that you pulled colors from your embellishments and your little pumpkin is adorable :) Thanks for having some fun with us this week at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  3. the paper pieced pumpkin is so cute, I need to create a few of these.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute Lori..love the polka dot pumpkin!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. SO CUTE! Love how clean and simple it is...just my style :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Lori, I love the bright colors and shades of orange in this!!Clever use of your scraps and twines! So glad that you join the fun with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, awesome!
    Thanks for playing at CAS-ual Fridays!
    Laura

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips