Sunday, October 9, 2011

Glad Tidings

Here's my card for this week's SCS featured stamper challenge. It's based on this clean and crisp winter themed card seen here.

Since the layered look of the tree was what first caught my eye, I kept that element on my card, along with the same basic layout. I used images from the Teeny Trees set from Waltzingmouse Stamps on my version. The largest tree was stamped on the scene panel, made with torn strips of shimmery white paper and a light blue dotted paper, then stamped again several times on shimmery white cardstock. I used three small circle punches to punch out the layers for the tree. After adding them to the image panel with foam tape, I edged each with Stickles for a snowy sparkle.

I matted the image panel on a coordinating blue panel, then set it on a blue and white houndstooth panel. That panel is matted on a blue panel, then set on a white card base. I tied some white organdy ribbon around the card--it's been a while since I used organdy ribbon!--then attached the "glad tidings" sentiment to the knotted ribbon with a little silver cord.

Materials Used:
Teeny Trees stamp set (Waltzingmouse Stamps); Tsukineko Rich Cocoa ink (Tsukineko); Brocade Blue and Shimmery White cardstock, white organdy ribbon, silver cord (Stampin' Up!); Holiday Collection-The Winter Matstack and The Winter Combo matstacks (DCWV); circle punches (EK Success); Star Dust Stickles (Ranger); foam tape

1 comment:

  1. Ooh!! I really love this. Light blue in winter is so nice. I love the way this card looks. Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips