Saturday, October 29, 2011

Thankful For You

Here’s my card for this week’s My Favorite Things Wednesday Stamp Club sketch challenge. The tall and skinny à la modes Sweetest Pumpkin in the Patch was a perfect fit for the panel—and for the season, even though there’s talk that there may be some snow here today! I've lived in the DC area pretty much all my life and snow in October, even at the very end, is pretty much unheard of. I'm hoping this isn't a sign of a bad winter . . .

I colored the pumpkin-toting gal with Copic markers and matted her on a chocolate brown panel. The rest of the card’s pretty simple. I used a panel of October Afternoon designer paper underneath the image and ran a piece of chocolate brown grosgrain ribbon across that. Once the image was in place, I added the set’s “thankful for you” sentiment on a circle panel using dimensional dots. Everything's set on a golden yellow panel and attached to a kraft card base.

Materials Used:
à la modes Sweetest Pumpkin in the Patch stamp set (My Favorite Things); white cardstock (Taylored Expressions); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko); markers (Copic); Chocolate Chip and Crumb Cake cardstock, Chocolate Chip grosgrain ribbon (Stampin’ Up!); Sweet Corn cardstock (Gina K Designs); Campfire-Camp Stove designer paper (October Afternoon); circle punches (EK Success); foam tape

1 comment:

 
Blogging tips